I've mentioned many times that in the blog sphere, you get to meet many new friends and some stay dear to you. One of them is my blogger friend Dale from Savvy Spice. One day last year, she commented on my blog and I liked her comment so I went to her blog and found it so informative and pleasant to read. At that time, I was about to go to San Francisco for my Spring break and I decided to ask her some questions about where to go and what to do in SF. She definitely gave me some great recommendations.
This year, I found out she started an online business called Savvy Sleepers. Due to lack of sleep, she created satin pillowcases and is selling them on Savvy Sleepers. When I knew about it, I immediately congratulated her on her new adventure. I purchased a satin pillowcase in Nappuccino to try it out. I've never slept on a satin pillowcase before, so I decided to experience it myself for 2 weeks and below is my verdict.
- Sleeping on cotton gives me creases on my face in the morning (that's not too sexy don't you think?). I'm sure as you age, the crease takes a longer time to disappear. Sleeping on satin doesn't give me creases AT ALL! *phew* If only I knew about this much earlier.
- Smoother hair in the morning and no tangled-ends.
- I have combination skin so most mornings when I get up, my face is kind of greasy. Sleeping on satin makes it less greasy.
- The secret pocket inside the pillowcase is a great thing to have. I keep my earplugs in it so I won't keep loosing them all the time.
- Lately the weather has been really hot and our AC takes a long time to cool down. My bf has issue with heat, so when the pillow is too warm, he can't sleep. Satin cools down much faster and it stays cool even when we lay on it. After using the satin pillowcase, he has no issues with heat and sleep any more.
I only have one issue with it. The pillowcase needs to be clean every week because it tends to absorb dirt quicker.