Are you a fragrance person? From the picture below, I think you could’ve guessed that I am definitely a fragrance person. LOL! I won’t leave home without picking the scent-of-the-day. Ok, maybe mascara too (my current favorite here). Today, we shall raid my closet to discover the perfumes I’m currently using.
- Chanel, Beige – “I take refuge in beige because it is natural” said Mademoiselle Chanel. It contains hawthorn, freesia and frangipani with shimmering hints of honey. I would say this fragrance is definitely sensual and the first note is definitely strong. After an hour, it grows on me and I love that powdery scent after. I usually use this for dinner dates, GNO or when I need to be in smoky rooms like lounges and clubs.
- Benefits, Maybe Baby – I kept this for more than 4 years now. It used to be my everyday scent until Giorgio Armani’s Acqua Di Gioia came around. It has a very pleasant scent and it’s easy to love this scent. It’s my bf’s favorite too. The top notes are apricot and white ginger, middle notes are fresh water blossoms, of cyclamen, lychee and bergamot. The base notes are white musk, himalayan poppy and warm peach. You can see it’s definitely fruity and fresh.
- Elizabeth Arden, 5th Avenue Limited Edition – When I sprayed this fragrance on, I can imagine myself standing in the heart of Manhattan. I was there last summer (post here) and I can smell that city’s energy, sparkling lights and that elegance of NYC’s women. I used to have a fragrance called Glamorous by Ralph Lauren. They discontinued that and I was pretty upset till I had my hands on this one. It’s a good replacement.
- Victoria’s Secret, Body – I bought this quite some time ago but now they’ve change their packaging. This is a very fresh fragrance and I usually spray this on before going for a jog or exercise. I love how it leaves a hint of freshness even after major sweating and feeling stinky.
- Chanel, Cristalle – From time to time, I would crave for a floral scent. I’m usually more of a citrus based person. When I made my appointment to experience the fragrance journey with Chanel fragrance boutique, I discovered that my favorite from Chanel is Cristalle and I truly loved it! I would use this for occasions like attending a business meeting or meeting with someone important. It gives m me a scent of confidence.
- Elizabeth Arden, Green Tea – This is another daily go-to fragrance. It has a refreshing, energizing and easily-acceptable-daily scent. I usually use this on the weekend like a lazy Sunday.
- Victoria’s Secret, Noir Tease – I have 3 description for this scent. Warm, flirty and playful. Hence the name of this perfume. No kidding! I will only use this when I’m out for a date with my bf or a GNO. You wanna get your man hooked to you and pay attention to every word you say? This is key!
- Giorgio Armani, Acqua di Gioia – I had never paid much attention to Giorgio Armani’s scent besides my bf’s favourite which is Acqua di Gio. Till this one launched. What caught my attention is the scent of mint and peony. It has a pretty strong base which is cedar wood but I love the freshness this scent has to offer. It gives me the calmness and made my mind lingered to the Mediterranean sea. This is my go-to scent on weekends and days when I know I’ll be busy and stressed-out. I need that cool and calmness of the Mediterranean sea =D
- Benefits, Bspot – Currently, having this one is bitter-sweet. This perfume has been discontinued for quite some time. I don’t know if I should finish the bottle or use it sparingly till I find a replacement. The content is very tropical with a combo of mango, freesia, peony and sandalwood. It is quite strong when you first spray it on but it last a long long time on me. Totally love it on a hot sunny day! Oh well, I would save the best for last I guess.
I know this is a pretty long post. I hope you’ll get a picture of what I love from the world of perfumes. Hit the store like Sephora and try out some of these. You might find something that you love. Do tell me what’s your current favourite perfume or perfumes?