I was very fortunate to be invited to a Chanel Fragrances event last 2 weeks. I know it has been a while but I would still like to share my experience with you because I believe in Chanel and her reputation and respected this brand.
This event is about the seal of a unique skill called Baudruchage. This was first introduced when No.5 was created in 1921. Ever since, Chanel has been using this rare finishing touch on all its parfums to ensure that they are perfectly protected. This technique requires 4 steps.
1. Preparing and Positioning The Baudruche – The Baudruche is a natural membrane in a form of a fine sheet. Using her hand, the “Baudrucheuse” place the membrane gently around the neck and stopper of the bottle.
2. Adding The Pearl Cotton Thread – With a quick movement, the baudrucheuse ties a strand of pearl-cotton thread around the neck of the bottle (once around the upper part, twice around the lower part) to hold the baudruche in place. For each parfum there is a specific color thread:
- Black for No.5, No.19, Coco, Allure Sensuelle, Boisdeslles, Cuir de Russie and Gardenia.
- Pearly white for Coco Mademoiselle
- Pink for Allure
3. Trimming The Baudruche – Any parts of the baudruche that extend onto the edges of the bottle are trimmed away. As it dries, the baudruche retracts, thus ensuring it is perfectly sealed.
4. The Wax Seal – A drop of black wax is placed on the front and neck of the bottle. Now it is ready to take the final step which is stamping the CHANEL double C into the wax. This movement is done twice.
|1 of the 8 Baudrucheuse from Chanel France to visit us|
*All information are quoted from Chanel phamplet
I hope you guys enjoyed the preview as much as I did and not bored yet =) I wore this chiffon top from Zara with my favourite 7 For All Mankind jeans to this event. I enjoyed it and was very fortunate to meet 1 of the 8 Baudrucheuse from Chanel.
|Top – Zara
Skinny Jeans – 7 For All Mankind (here too)
Watch – Michael Kors (here too)